Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Short and Sweet!

Good Evening/Good Morning to all you lovely readers out there!

I had my doctors check up (because I admittingly am a hypochondriac, thank you so much anxiety!) and all went fairly well!  I love my new primary care physician, although he is located in Chicago (UIC) he is a great doctor and well worth my drive!  I previously mentioned to him at my initial appointment in March that I had been having symptoms in my hands and my stomach(rib cage area, rib 9 to be specific).  He followed up on them today and could find no immediate indicators so he has referred me to a rheumatologist which I will be seeing May 21st! 

If anyone can relate to my symptoms please give me your two cents:
  •  I wake up in the morning with stiff, swollen hands, mainly between my thumb and index finder
  • While running all of my fingers become very stiff and swollen, after my 10k on April 1st I was unable to even grip a pen or pencil to fill out a form :(   (it was a chilly day out, in case that matters at all?)
  • While doing 'hydrants' or glutekick backs with arm extensions my R wrist will begin to feel like I am rupturing/straining every tendon on the volar aspect (palm) of my hand
  • Also while running, I will get an excruciating pain ~9/10  at the start of my run that feels like my rib is puncturing my organs.  lol, Horrible to imagine, but best explanation I can give to describe it. 
I have done ALMOST every blood test possible, and they all come back perfectly normal.  CRAZY, but I guess I am grateful there is no indications/traces of RA or MS.  Blessed.


I would love to expand somemore tonight, but I have my Medial Meniscus Tear- Post Repair presentation that I MAY give tomorrow, depending upon my amazing teacher's choice of ordering!

I reallllllyyy want to do it tomorrow and get it over with (I hate presentations) but at the same time I feel that I need to gain more mental composure/confidence and better prepare myself...AKA.... reflect upon my readings from 'Mind Gym' and get in my ZONE!! <3  


Wish me all the best of luck and thanks for keepin' up with me tonight!

Today's Words of Wisdom:
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I Worked Very Hard.  I Felt I Could Play The Game. The Only Thing That Could Stop Me Was Myself."
                                        ----Jim Abbott 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Very well said Jim! Don't let your doubts and insecurities hold you back from being all that you can be.  You have worked very hard to get where you are today.  If you have busted your butt to get where you are right here, right now, in this moment, you owe it to yourself to show to the world who that person really is.  You are your own motivator and it is solely up to you to display your traits and accomplishments to the world.  Don't EVER let your thoughts or your thoughts of what other may think of you hold you back from performing at your best.  YOU are unique and YOU need to take care of YOU!  Nobody knows your weaknesses expect for you, unless you tell them, so in my mind it is okay to hide behind certain weaknesses to certain individuals.  In turn, use the energy you spend fearing your weaknesses and apply them towards building your STRENGTHS!!!!---



Wishing you all a HAPPY and HEALTHY Tuesday!



With Much Gratitude---
KC<3

No comments:

Post a Comment