Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beckham Hits a Homerun in MY Book!

Hi everyone!


I just came across a great article and wanted to share it with you and give you a little update about a major step I'm attempting to make(for better or worse!) First off, I found this link from one of my followers on Twitter, @GBeckhamNews, no affiliation to Beckham himself.
Anyway, I just really wanted to share it with you all because Beckham definitely displays the important attributes of which 'Mind Gym' speaks.

Although he is currently in a slump; he is not letting it affect his game and where he sees himself going.
I am almost at a loss for words, this article and Gordon Beckham's attitude are simply a perfect example of maintaining optimism and OVERCOMING YOURSELF!  LOVE LOVE LOVE this article!!

Here is an excerpt from it that I might have to print, clip, and tape into my personal journal that I keep for myself:
----------------------------------------------------------------
“I’ve been in this situation before and in the past I have let it get the best of me,” Beckham said of his slow start this season. “I just haven’t given in yet, and I don’t intend to give in. I have built up kind of a shell about that kind of stuff. I knew it was early and I knew there was time and I took a step in the right direction."

Source: Chicago Tribune

------------------------------------------------------------------
.....Amazing, right!?  I feel like this is much too relatable to the small steps that I speak about in my attempts to overcome my own personal slumps.
As Beckham mentions, he has "been in this situation before" and he allowed it to get the best of him, but is not going to let it this time.  I know first hand that each time I allowed my anxiety to get the best of me, I let it take control of my life and my emotions. However, now I know and am constantly taking steps in the right direction to make sure that I "don't give in". It is so important to realize the role you can play in overcoming yourself by simply maintaining that positive perspective, despite the extrinsic & intrinsic forces that we are faced with each day.

One more quote that I really loved was:
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
“He doesn’t put pressure on us. Obviously everyone wants to perform,” said Beckham, who snapped an 0-for-14 skid at the plate with an RBI single. “I mean, Robin knows that. He has been through it (an 0-for-41 stretch as a rookie), so he’s a patient guy. He has had to be with me lately. I appreciate everything he does for me.”
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I relate to this on my own level and I find it very touching. Think about it from your own stand point; I pray that each of you are as fortunate as I am to have an understanding and patient support system. If you do not, please try to find one or you can ALWAYS email me, as well as keep following my blog, and I will be there for you as much as I can!  The point I want to make is: somewhere out there someone understands what you are going through and they will be patient and help you see your way through it.

As Ventura was once in Beckham's shoes, he understands and is able to see the potential that he(Beckham) possesses, despite his slump.  I have several of these individuals in my life, but one that I can almost exactly relate this Ventura-Beckham excerpt to. You know who you are, and I just want to thank you again for believing in my potential, being understanding time after time, and in helping me to work past my anxiety so I can be the individual that I know I really am.

It's getting late and I know that getting adequate sleep each night is vital to mental and emotional health, and I don't want to fall into the 3am-730am sleep pattern again.... NOT HEALTHY!!!

So I need to wrap this up very shortly; my news that I wanted to share with you all is that I am, as I type, 24 hours past the last time I took my medicine for my anxiety!!!! I have been trying to slowly wean myself off of it (.25 mg, tid) in anticipation/hopes that I will be able to manage my anxiety on my own without the use of medicine. Back at the beginning of March when my anxiety was at its peak, and I was experiencing my situational episodes of depression; my psychologist and I scheduled an appt for me to meet with the psychiatrist. The soonest opening was April 30th, so of course I needed to take it to determine what's best for my overall well-being. I've made sooo much progress since then; however, I know I still need to meet with the psychiatrist just to make sure I'm taking all of the right steps.  Although I may be able to better control my anxiety now without Rx drugs, chemical imbalances still exist and I even though I may be able to look past the side effects the imbalances may cause; I still need to:

"treat the source of the problem." --- That is a major PT school quote that us healthcare/future healthcare professionals like to practice/live by! :) 

By the way, I think tonight's post might have been one of my favorites; I feel that it was relatable in many aspects! I hope you all agree as well!
Goodnight and sweet dreams to you all!! <3



With Much Gratitude---
KC <3



 Thanks again to @GBeckhamNews and Chicago Tribune for the link to such a great article to relate to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment