Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Getting Lost on your Path

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my slack of posting!

I guess I've kind of been in a little bit of an inspirational writing slump, for a good reason though!!  Although I do still have things that cause me anxiety, I am very happy to say that I do believe I've overcomed a large part of my anxiety which was what I centered my "Overcome Yourself" phrase around before.  I really can't owe it to 'Mind Gym' enough for helping me to pull myself together and get my  head where it needs to be. 

For the past couple of months I've really been working to turn myself into more of an inner athlete.  I've been getting very big into running and healthy eating which have both contributed towards a balance in my overall well-being.  I'm paying more attention, yet trying not to obsess over my injuries/aches/pains as a result of my increased physical activity, but I am making sure that I do not push myself past my physical boundaries. 

I think that becoming more involved and picking up extra hobbies and interests has also helped me to redirect my thoughts and focus more on the things I want to see myself doing.  In case you have missed it, Instagram is developing to be a huge social/photo networking site.  I'm sure there's a certain name for that stuff, but I can't recall it off the top of my head.  Instagram, along with the awesomeness of the mega-pixels of my iPhone, have allowed me to experiment more with photography which I have always had an interest in, but never the tools that make it so easy.  I've got Adobe PhotoShop 7.0 installed on my computer but, if you have ever used it, you know how overwhelming and complicated it can be to understand at first. 


I can't get over how great of a day I had yesterday, for the smallest of reasons too.  I started my day off in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago and worked my way up to the Northwest suburbs where I did some shopping and randomly thought about one of my best guy friends in the area and chatted and grabbed dinner with him. Overall, I couldn't have asked for much more to have gone well with my trip yesterday!  For one, I got to see a great friend, secondly, my CHICAGO WHITE SOX SWEPT THE CUBBIES!!! (Sorry Cubs fan readers!) and third, I really just enjoy the time alone, I love to drive aimlessly and go wherever my little heart pleases, I love to get lost and discover the parts of Illinois that I may never see, I love finding my way back home with no directions and just ending up wherever I do along the way.  I guess that's comparable to life right? Sometimes you find yourself traveling in the direction that you did not intend to go.  You don't know where to road is going to take you, but you keep going on it until you are able to gain your sense of direction and get yourself back on the right path.  Once your on that path again, unexpected detours or SERIOUSLY, bends in roads (that almost take you to Wisconsin, oops!) may come up.  They might seem scary and you might look at it as being a longgggg way from home and from the path that you had originally wanted to be on, but you just go with it anyway.  Eventually, maybe it took much longer than expected, you will find yourself back on a familiar path.  Sometimes we have to go without a direction and it is up to ourselves to do what we will with what we are given.  We may ask for help along the way, we may call up a parent or friend for directions or we may just keep going at it alone.  Whatever option you choose to get back on the right track is what you need to do.  Don't be afraid to ask for help when your lost, we've all done it.  If you are lost and alone, and choose to find your way by yourself, just sit back and enjoy the ride, turn up the music and enjoy the scenery along the way, you may be there awhile but its a ride worth taking.  Try to turn the negatives of your lost journey into positives!  You can think about where you are, where you are going, and how you need to get there.  It is a great time to refocus and take time to yourself to see where you are and what the world has to offer you!


HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

Until next time----



KC<3

No comments:

Post a Comment